My family spent the first week of July in Monarch, Colorado. The trip plans took many twists and turns, but my dad ended up making a last-minute deal on a cabin, classic McDougal style, and so we drove up there and spent the week relaxing and taking day-hikes. To the couple of you whom I told I would post pictures long before now, I apologize. Between the summer craziness, needing to be on this computer to upload pictures, the amount of time uploading them takes, and losing a completed post moments before posting, well, you end up with a very late post.
This bridge was within thirty yards of the cabin, and all day and night the water roared constantly in the background. That sound quickly became one of our favorite parts about the cabin.
Right before we left, I combined birthday money, babysitting money, and an early birthday/Christmas gift from my parents to get a new camera. I guess I should say, to get a camera; technically, the point-and-shoot I generally use belongs to my parents’, although it is most frequently in my possession. Getting comfortable with the DSLR will probably take a while for this non-camera-savvy girl, so I’ll likely end up switching back and forth between my DSLR and the point-and-shoot camera with the macro setting I know and love.
Happy 4th of July!
We hiked up Kroenke Mountain, a fun trail in the San Isabel National Forest.
Wesley, my dad, and Anthony
At the top of Kroenke Mountain
Austen, totally posing... and balancing himself to avoid falling into the cold water.
My parents... aww, shucks.
Jamming out in the car to the Prince of Egypt soundtrack and The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (ok, my mom wasn't, but the kids were). And if you've never heard these songs, you are seriously missing out.
Wearing his colors proudly by the roadside.
Another day Wesley, my mom, and I hiked up Waterdog Trail while the others went fishing elsewhere.
I enjoyed walking outside to cool temperatures and looking up to see trees that actually qualify as tall - a nice break from hot, flat Texas.
I was sad to leave such a fun trip!
YES! My family went up to Colorado this summer too, and it is, indeed, a welcome respite from this heat. :P Nice pictures! I'm glad y'all had fun, and that you decided to share your vacation with us.
ReplyDeleteIt's taken me awhile to get through my emails from this summer but I was excited to find your blog. I love the pictures! Looks like you're getting used to your camera just fine. :)
ReplyDelete